These terms and conditions (Terms) are between you and The University of Melbourne (ABN 84 002 705 224) (we, our, us or the University) and govern your use of the CogTale website at http://cogtale.org/ (Website). By accessing and using the Website (with or without a user account) you agree to be bound by and abide by these Terms.
The Website is a freely available online resource, developed by clinical researchers with expertise in cognitive interventions, which aims to assist in the synthesis and dissemination of up to date evidence regarding the efficacy and quality of cognitive treatments for older adults.
Information provided or generated by the Website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. You should always consult with a suitably qualified healthcare professional in relation to any medical questions or decisions.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website. If you choose to use any tests, products or procedures mentioned on the Website, you do so at your own risk.
CogTale uses algorithms to calculate methodological quality scores for each study coded in the database and therefore may produce scores that differ from similar scores calculated by hand. These algorithms are continuously updated and refined and so the same study may return a different score at a different point in time. We take no responsibility for any errors contained in original data used to generate evidence summaries.
We make no warranty about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website and to the extent that you choose to use information from the Website you do so at your own risk.
To the extent permitted by law, we have no liability to you or anyone else (including in negligence) in connection with:
- the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information on the Website;
- the activities of third parties (including users of the Website); or
- any third party links on the Website.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in the Website, and any reports or information generated through your use of the Website, is owned by us (or our licensors).
The copyright in all abstracts, and data used by the Website to produce evidence summaries remains with the original owners of the information.
Effect sizes calculated within CogTale are not a substitute for Meta-analysis as CogTale uses different algorithms, which may be updated and refined.
You may use the information found on or generated by CogTale (other than abstracts and full text articles, where available) solely for your own personal, non-commercial use as long as you acknowledge the Website as the source of any such reuse.
The Website may contain links to third party resources, information, or services (Links). Although we may include Links on the Website, this does not mean that we endorse, recommend or support the linked website or any information, opinions, or goods and services made available on it.
Where a Link has been included on the Website:
- these Terms will not apply to the linked website and you should review the terms applicable to the linked website before using it;
- we have no control over the information, content or activities of the linked website and your access to and use of the linked website is at your own risk; and
- we make no representations or warranties as to, and we are not responsible for, the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on any linked website.
You must comply with all laws applicable to your use of the Website and must not use the Website or any content from the Website for any purpose which is unlawful or does not comply with these Terms. If you access the Website from a jurisdiction other than Australia, you must comply with all laws in that country applicable to your access and use of the Website.
You may only access and use the Website for non-commercial purposes that are consistent with the Website aims. In addition, you must not:
- use automated means to retrieve information from the Website without our permission, for example, ‘scraping’;
- post or otherwise submit any software, code or routine that is harmful or interferes with the operation or activities of the Website;
- decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer the software or services relating to the Website;
- use the Website for the purposes or generating ‘spam’, or submit ‘spam’ through the Website;
- use the Website to infringe our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- use the Website to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- submit false or misleading information to the Website; or
- do anything which would impose an unreasonably large or disproportionate load on our networks or interfere with our network security.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Website or any related website for violating any of these Terms.
The Terms and your use of the Website are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
We may change the Terms at any time without notice to you. You agree to be bound by the changed Terms if you use the Website after they have been changed.
*Beta release means that this resource is in an initial stage of release and subject to regular change